Saturday, June 25, 2016

THINGS I WISH I KNEW

Today I traveled to West Milton, Ohio to pick up a sign I had commissioned Nancy, from The Black Crow Creations, to make. As I walked past the shops in the quaint town, I pondered the week's events and attempted to push the "cobwebs" from my mind. That's my term for those thoughts that do little besides clog my thinking and block my creativity. I wish I knew how to stop the mind-clogging from happening, but the walk was good, the weather was sunny and warm, and I succeeded in clearing my mind.

This week has been a rather sad one. Yesterday I learned the former owner of this, my old country home, had died. She loved this home and lived here for 62 years, but it had become more than she could handle. When my spouse and I met her after we had signed the contract to purchase this house, we instantly became friends. She said she was happy and relieved that someone who loved the house was going to be living here and caring for it. I wish I knew why we sometimes have to leave the things we love.


As the saying goes, "my get up and go, got up and went". That describes how I've felt lately. I'm not sure why I've lost enthusiasm for life, but perhaps in part, it's due to the negative things going on in this world and a long political election cycle. I do wish I knew how to stay informed yet not allow what I hear and read to dissuade me from doing the things I've always loved doing.


                         The AMERICA sign was painted by Nancy, at Black Crow Creations.
     It's exactly what I wanted for that space. This is the back of my cabin.      

 This is one side of my cabin. I found the shutters, window, and chair at a vintage show in
Circleville, Ohio a few weeks ago. The setting will be complete as soon as I find my watering can.      

2 comments:

Merilyn said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of the lady who loved and lived in your home for over six decades before you....now this legacy is yours to take care of and enjoy, you have added your own touch here and there, and your little cabin with its' new additions is just lovely.....
Sometimes friendships do have their unexpected ends......sometimes the cost of being true to yourself and your own belief system does have a price....at the end of the day you have to live with yourself 24/7, you have to like and be comfortable with the person looking back at you in the mirror, don't admonish yourself for being true to that....there is cost one way and the other..we all have to decide which one we'll pay....take care....

Kady said...

Thank you for your kind words, Merilyn. The memorial service for this home's former owner was very nice. There were many photos shared in video form and it was odd, but somehow also soothing, to see her family gathered in what is now my home. I think Ruth would be very happy to know this house is still the gathering place for family Thanksgivings and Christmases, Easters and Mother's Days. The traditions live on. My friend and I have weathered the storm I think. We don't have the chance to talk as much as we once did, but we've picked up where we left off and moved onto other things. I think that's good.